Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suddenly insanity?  (Read 965 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Suddenly insanity?
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »

So some Elf merchants arrived, and because I didn't have a depot up yet, I decided to ignore them. Halfway through summer, I get the dual notifications of an Elf merchent going stark raving mad and of their Yak going berserk. Their pathing seems to have been interrupted 2 tiles away from the edge of the map.

Then one of my cats did a ton of damage to the Yak.

what's going on, and should I pour magma over them?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly insanity?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »

Well they are insane so they will be hostile. If merchents are left on your map for too long they will go insane. And this can happen even if you don't trade with them. Also if you trade with them and don't allow them to leave the map. I believe you have to build a depot, have them go there, (you don't have to trade with them they just have to go to the depot) and then let them leave, in order to not have insane merchants on your map.

Also the title should be sudden insanity, unless you did that on purpose.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

CodexDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • [SARCASTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

Well I think his avatar speaks for itself.

*Suddenly epileptic attack*
Finely minced dwarven wine... what?

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:19:06 am »

Well they are insane so they will be hostile. If merchents are left on your map for too long they will go insane. And this can happen even if you don't trade with them. Also if you trade with them and don't allow them to leave the map. I believe you have to build a depot, have them go there, (you don't have to trade with them they just have to go to the depot) and then let them leave, in order to not have insane merchants on your map.

Also the title should be sudden insanity, unless you did that on purpose.

There are three kinds of insanity. Berserk creatures are hostile, melancholy and stark raving mad creatures are not.

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 11:59:12 am »

And yes, Magma.
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!