Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarked without an axe...  (Read 8155 times)

ROXAS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarked without an axe...
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »

Sooooo... it's been a while... had an urge and loaded up 0.31.25 cause that was the version I had on computer and got started. On the embark screen there was an error but assumed it was just general profile loading problems. Realising I had loads of points left, I dumped them into food and drink then embarked. Seemingly after cutting down 3 logs my wood cutter refused to cut down anymore trees... After an hour of planning designations for the design of my fort (before I even hit "unpause" XD) I realised I had forgot to get an axe... -.- Is there /anything/ I can do? Cause without wood, it's highly unlikely I am going to make it to even the first caravan...

Seriously, the game is trying to kill me hard enough without my own stupidity adding to problems... XD

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarked without an axe...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26:48 pm »

Destroy three wooden buildings/wagon. Make a capenter shop, make a wooden axe.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Berlioz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »

This is a surprisingly common problem. Check your stocks first ("z"), maybe someone has an axe somewhere, sometimes migrants bring one. Then check whether you got a single wood left somewhere and make a wooden training axe. It works as well as a metal one. You can dismantle your wagon for 3 wood.
Getting 0.34.11 is recommended, it got tons of improvements (and new bugs). :)

Edit: Making it to the first caravan without wood is possible, you just miss out on some beds, but the dwarves happily sleep on the floor for a while.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:42:07 pm »

They don't "happily" sleep without beds, but they make due. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

ROXAS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:47:20 pm »

Kay, thanks for the help ;D I know I should really update but I'm just so used to this version (I say "used to", more like "less fumbling around in the dark than I would in the newer version" XD)