Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Creatures to Trade  (Read 1046 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Modding Creatures to Trade
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:49 pm »

For various reasons, I want to be able to mod a playable race to send traders to fortresses without having all the abovegroundey common domestics. What would I need to do to do so? What creatures could I add the pack animal token to to guarantee that they would have some of them amed with [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] and [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Creatures to Trade
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »

Let's see if I can rephrase that: What creatures are essentially guaranteed to be domesticaed by such a civ?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »

Not many have acually secessfully done science on this. But [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] means that anything with a PET tag will be Domesticated that is within their control (the civ's boarders) so elves in fortrests will have raccons, where as elves that like in the tundra have raindeer (im not good with biomes and what occurs natuerally, only an example) then there is the COMMON_DOMESTIC stuff we all know about, and since cats, dogs, and various other common_domestic creatures don't have biomes they can only be magically made through civs that can use them

I guess your way of using [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] and [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] might result in all pettable cave critters (depth 1:1 just a theory) and surrounding PET creatures in home biomes.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:34:29 pm »

For various reasons, I want to be able to mod a playable race to send traders to fortresses without having all the abovegroundey common domestics. What would I need to do to do so? What creatures could I add the pack animal token to to guarantee that they would have some of them amed with [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] and [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]?

You need to add [PACK_ANIMAL][WAGON_PULLER] to a cave creature. Then they should show up.

That said, all civs will always have access to all COMMON_DOMESTIC creatures by default. So your traders will still show up with mules next to cave crawlers.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:57:09 pm »

I thought [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET] and it's 3 other cousins controlled wiether or not a civ had access to commons

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 10:59:45 pm »

Yes, thanks for reminding me of those tags. But removing those tags would mean that you wouldn't be able to trade at all. You either need all or nothing.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 11:26:28 pm »

true, but that is why some natural creatures have [WAGON_PULLER] or [PACK_ANIMAL] (not sure if that is the proper naming of the tags, but close) so that elves and use them (altho they do have COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK for I guess those occations in which there are no pack like animals in their territories)

But I could be wrong, since I'm not sure on who has acually played with all these entity tags.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 06:33:46 am »

I'm pretty sure I've had races without those tags not have mules and stuff.
Sig