Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Advice For Beginners  (Read 12789 times)

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advice For Beginners
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 07:14:11 pm »

As soon as I embark: change death items' forbid status.  I've never suffered a death from zealous sock retrieval mid siege, since those items get marked as forbidden when they are dropped.

Dwarf Therapist's custom professions are vastly more useful than they first seem.

Hunters turned Marksdwarves are awesome support for your warrior squads; provided you know how to get them to act the way you need them to.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »

As soon as I embark: change death items' forbid status.  I've never suffered a death from zealous sock retrieval mid siege, since those items get marked as forbidden when they are dropped.

Do that and love it. It takes some getting used to to claim your dead manually, but it is soooo worthit.
No more bait socks, no more 'MASS FORBID THE ENTIRE SURFACE!!'.
(a>b) ? false : true

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 09:53:13 am »

Isn't this the default setting?

Circusdawg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf is tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 02:59:39 pm »

JUST USE A DOOR.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:57:14 pm by Circusdawg »

Thulen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 03:12:05 pm »

Well its not that hard to semi fix it, download lazy newb pack, then go into folder > Dwarf Fortress 0.34.07 / delete everything there, and download one like phoebus wich is updated for you ( http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57557.0 )

Extract that to the content where you deleted the old files, start lazy new pack :P ,just dont change gfx it wont work or break stuff.

( oh and get newest therapist if needed )
Dwarf Fortress runs on the most powerfull graphic card there is... your imagination !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]