Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The neverending fort  (Read 8224 times)

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: The neverending fort
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 08:30:38 am »

Drop caravan 1 level? It should crash wagons.
This is a good idea. What I really need to do now is find a solution that will completely prevent any hostile ingress to the fort; the trouble with dropping wagons is that the merchants need to be able to survive and path out of the area that they drop into; fortress dwarves need to be able to access the area to retrieve the food; and hostiles must never be able to enter the area and live. A 15-z dodgem drop onto spikes at the entrance will provide a perfectly safe source of clothing but I haven't found an equivalent design to kill wagons yet that allows unrestricted access to both the surface and into the fort. Incidentally the dodgem will have to be lever- or repeater-linked training spears since weapon traps clog and need to be reset by mechanics; they can't stop kobolds or titans; and the mechanics will quickly get killed resetting the traps during sieges (and are non-renewable due to self-imposed labor assignment restrictions).

CodexDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • [SARCASTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 09:31:57 am »

Don't items carried by enemy units are auto forbidden when they die? Even if you manage to consistently kill them it will be of no use without intervention.
Finely minced dwarven wine... what?

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2012, 10:33:11 am »

Don't items carried by enemy units are auto forbidden when they die? Even if you manage to consistently kill them it will be of no use without intervention.

You can adjust the autoforbid settings (I think through the o menu).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]