Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fitting Artifact  (Read 671 times)

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Fitting Artifact
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:17:04 am »

So, during the nth tragic attack by Giant Keas on my fortress, my metalcrafter decided to run above ground, through the fray of blood and feathers and dismembered dwarves (including his only son), and have a strange mood at the forge.

The result was thus:

Mososzocol, "The Tragic Coven," an iron figurine of dwarves.

The artwork relates to the founding of Spearbars by the Plank of God, of the Canyons of Alliance, in the early Spring of 126.

Apparently it overtook him to lament the tragic story of the cursed fortress of Spearbars in historic fashion. I dig it, good dwarven sir. I dig it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:21:11 am by Tenth Speed Writer »
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Fitting Artifact
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:11:35 pm »

A more fitting artifact would've been a giant metal Kea surrounded by Dwarves curled up in foetal balls.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting Artifact
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 12:30:59 pm »

The best ones are artifacts dedicated to artifacts which are themselves dedications to artifacts and so on, with the origin being an artifact depicting a sock and cheese.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30