Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: College Project: Collage concerning the Bill of Rights  (Read 1417 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
College Project: Collage concerning the Bill of Rights
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:44:08 am »

Quote from: The Bill o' Rights
Section 1. No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, nor shall any person be denied the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures of whatever nature and for any purpose shall be inviolable, and no search warrant or warrant of arrest shall issue except upon probable cause to be determined personally by the judge after examination under oath or affirmation of the complainant and the witnesses he may produce, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Section 3. (1) The privacy of communication and correspondence shall be inviolable except upon lawful order of the court, or when public safety or order requires otherwise, as prescribed by law.

(2) Any evidence obtained in violation of this or the preceding section shall be inadmissible for any purpose in any proceeding.

Section 4. No law shall be passed abridging the freedom of speech, of expression, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances.

Section 5. No law shall be made respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed. No religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights.

I am supposed to find pictures of people adhering to the above, and violating the above. Thing is, my brainpan is run out, so I ask of your help guys to either:

-Help me understand the above in simpler forms;
-Help me find pictures relevant to the above.

It takes 10 minutes for me to find relevant stock photos, and I've run out of ideas on which picture is appropriate. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: College Project: Collage concerning the Bill of Rights
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:39:15 pm »

Well...

1.) This basically means that you can't punish someone without a fair trial and proper evidence.

2.) This says you can't be searched without probable cause, i.e its probable you are in possession of contraband.

3.) 1) same as two, your communications can't be monitored without proper reason.

2) IF your communication is monitored ilegally it can't be used against you.

4.) You can't pass a law saying you can't complain/talk smack, as long as you do it peacefully

5.) this just states that church and state are entirely seperate and that the government will show no bias between religions.

All things aside, this is a damned difficult collage.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: College Project: Collage concerning the Bill of Rights
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 03:27:25 am »

Darn right it is. However, deadline's already up, so yeah, I cannot use the simplified version you gave me in picture form. But your definitions are quite useful, should they ask for what it means.

Thanks.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.