Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Definable Rock Drop Rate  (Read 4615 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Definable Rock Drop Rate
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »

Kohaku, Evile, and 10ebbor10's ideas are all equally valid to me. I'd like to be able to specify the drop rates of certain stones in the raws, perhaps as a multiplier to an init file designated drop rate that lets one scale how effective their miners are at different skill levels.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »

Being able to mod drop rates sounds like a great idea to me.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 02:31:02 am »

Easy to implement, good for modders, sensible in general... should only take a few years  ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:53 am »

Being able to mod drop rates sounds like a good way to make any megaproject work by guaranteeing you have as much stone as you need. I like.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 07:00:57 pm »

Strong "Would Like To Tweak" on that one!

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

I really don't like not having that much ore to work with, and I want to get ore when I see ore. I want my 100% ore drop rate, dang it!

Here's the thing - in the interest of realism, it's faster to dig through rock by pulverizing it and disposing of the remains. However, it's possible to quarry stone and move all of the stone out of an area. Maybe quarrying could be a more stone-productive method which takes longer.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 02:48:05 am »

I really don't like not having that much ore to work with, and I want to get ore when I see ore. I want my 100% ore drop rate, dang it!

Here's the thing - in the interest of realism, it's faster to dig through rock by pulverizing it and disposing of the remains. However, it's possible to quarry stone and move all of the stone out of an area. Maybe quarrying could be a more stone-productive method which takes longer.
Yes, the pulverize vs quarry option is also viable. Might as well get as many possibilities together in one thread as possible.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 [2]