Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire Elf?  (Read 3001 times)

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire Elf?
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

Can elf become vampire?
my current elf adventurer tried drinking as much vampire blood as I could but it didnt work.

But in one of the old worlds I have played, my elf charatcer vampirised by "bitting" a vampire in the neck...
It was wierd...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:19:09 am by jason0320 »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Elf?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:17:47 am »

I think they should be able to. Though I've not checked on elves in non-elf civilization in legends mode, since Forces don't seem to curse anything. I know goblins get cursed to vampirism, and they're immortal.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:18:16 am »

Elfs can become vampires quite okay, I had several elf vampires.
I have heard high disease resistance may cause a failed roll on getting cursed when you drink vampire blood, but I never ever saw that myself.
 You must be getting very unlucky or doing something wrong. Aren't you a werewolf by chance? Are you sure it's the vampire blood you drink? I mean, is it displayed as "spatter of Urist McHisstoricalFigure's blood" and is that historical figure a vampire?

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:52 am »

I always pile up vampire blood in backpack and keep drinking them.
Maybe elve's average disease resistance is too high to be infected by vampire blood.
Maybe a no disease resistance character could work.

BTW I found a safe way to feed my (former) vampire. Remove the NO_SLEEP tag in interaction_vampire.txt at the "raw\interaction examples" folder.
Then you can sleep and feed on your companion(s).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:40:55 am by jason0320 »

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:02:52 am »

Make sure you're waiting a day before you abandon the adventurer. You won't know whether the vampirism is successful until the next night.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:33 am »

Also try another vamp's blood.  For w.e. reason, some vamps are bugged... and some adventurer's can be.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:45:03 am »

Also try another vamp's blood.  For w.e. reason, some vamps are bugged... and some adventurer's can be.

IIRC, occasionally there are vampires that don't counts as historical figures, and whose blood wouldn't turn you into a vampire. However that was a few versions back, I have no idea if it's around.

At least that's what I remember seeing a few comments on such thing from earlier 34.xx version.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »

Ah, vampire elves, eating the flesh of the dead, and drinking the blood of the living, MORE cannibalism. :o

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 07:15:23 pm »

don't you need to be mortal to become a vampire ? (elf's do not age if i remember it rigth)
and they god's (nature power 100% time) migth not cause vampirism for the lack of sphere (at least it seemed to me on legends mode)
i hade elven necromancers (migrated to tower) for example only when i added them maxage.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 04:54:28 am »

don't you need to be mortal to become a vampire ? (elf's do not age if i remember it rigth)
and they god's (nature power 100% time) migth not cause vampirism for the lack of sphere (at least it seemed to me on legends mode)
i hade elven necromancers (migrated to tower) for example only when i added them maxage.

Goblins are immortal and can be vampires. I think it's more the Forces ( elven civ's deities ) don't curses anyone, or elves don't profanes things as civ. I'm pretty sure I've seen elven vampires members from other civs in worldgen.

Goblins can't be necromancers, so my suspicion is elven civ deities don't curses them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 09:46:14 am »

Gobs can be necros, given a pantheon to worship and a moderate amount of success.  they'll make their own tower or move into someone elses... I've even seen a few beastmen necromancers.  but no kobolds, for they have utterences...

but no. I've never seen the forest spirit do anything...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!