Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Tale of Two Brothers (Poem)  (Read 1788 times)

Montopolis

• Bay Watcher
  • City on the Mountain
    • View Profile
A Tale of Two Brothers (Poem)
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:30:45 pm »

This is another poem that I wrote. This one rhymes; happy reading!

A Tale of Two Brothers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enjoyed it? Please leave a comment suggesting an improvement or giving a compliment. Both are very helpful.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you, saying 'Damn, that was fun.'"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale of Two Brothers (Poem)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:40:37 pm »

I really liked this! I'll leave a proper artistic criticism later when I'm out of work and have time to really read between the lines.

I'll share one of my own in the meantime, an old poem from Nov. 16th, 2009, of roughly similar style... Written entirely in haiku. :)

Spoiler: Fates Intertwined (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Montopolis

• Bay Watcher
  • City on the Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:50:30 pm »

I really liked this! I'll leave a proper artistic criticism later when I'm out of work and have time to really read between the lines.

I'll share one of my own in the meantime, an old poem from Nov. 16th, 2009, of roughly similar style... Written entirely in haiku. :)

Spoiler: Fates Intertwined (click to show/hide)

You sir, are one of a kind. That poem was fabulous. Now I'm sort of embarrassed to have posted mine...
But I gotta cut myself some slack, it was only my second time trying my hand at poetry; my first attempt can be found here:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110809.0

But seriously, you are an amazing writer.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you, saying 'Damn, that was fun.'"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »

Heh, thank you for the compliment my friend. :)

Trust me, your poetry isn't bad at all. I've seen published poets with worse poetry than yours! I'd publish mine but I honestly have no idea how to.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."