Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do Goblins Have Thoughts?  (Read 1209 times)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
Do Goblins Have Thoughts?
« on: May 19, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »

I'm wandering if goblins and other races can have a personalities and happy/unhappy thoughts. I am wondering this because if they do, then you could set up a goblin torture chamber designed to make the goblins extremely unhappy and possibly drive them berserk so you can unleash them upon their own race, or just plain drive them insane for the fun of it.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

JTTCOTE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do Goblins Have Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:06 pm »

No, they don't. Merchants will go insane if they cannot leave, but that's it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:45:20 pm »

They have personalities since they are an intelligent and sentient species, but I doubt you will manage to drive a goblin insane, unless you get gobbo traders or you are playing as them.

Although due to their ethics (or lack thereof), they happily will attack other goblins from another ambush or siege.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 05:22:07 pm »

They have personalities since they are an intelligent and sentient species, but I doubt you will manage to drive a goblin insane, unless you get gobbo traders or you are playing as them.

Although due to their ethics (or lack thereof), they happily will attack other goblins from another ambush or siege.
Seriously? Even from the same goblin civ? So if you contain a bunch of goblins and then release them with the next goblin siege they won't just be friends?

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:48:10 pm »

I never had sieges fight each other. Then again I play fortress defense and all I fight is evil races. Even when I throw them into arenas they happily get along, which frustrates me to no end.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:11:20 am by caddybear »
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:42 pm »

I once reclaimed a fortress from a goblin siege, and all the goblins were friendly; at least until the next ambush, when they promptly murdered their shit.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:13:15 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »

Yeah, whenever I pit goblins from different sieges/ambushes, they don't fight each other. For that matter, they won't fight pitted humans or elves either.

theothersteve7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 01:02:50 pm »

I pitted goblins with a herd of angry wild boar and was supremely disappointed with the results.  Filling the pit with water made me feel better, though.   ;D