Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing HFS!  (Read 567 times)

Beenjamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Missing HFS!
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:41:38 am »

I recently embarked on a site, and using DF hack to position my central stairway I noticed that the entire map is revealed and there doesn't appear to be any HFS on any Z-level all the way down to the magma sea (it's a fairly shallow site of about 50 z-levels due to FPS constraints). Has this happened to anyone else before?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Missing HFS!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:56:02 am »

It can happen if you only use a 2x2 embark, IIRC.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Beenjamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:44 am »

Aaaaaaah thanks. I used a 2x4....guess i'll have to abandon.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:03:30 pm »

You can use a 2x? or ?x2 and still be guaranteed to get HFS if you line it up on a 2 grid in the direction that it's only 2 wide. If that makes sense.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.