Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Game Music  (Read 1181 times)

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
In Game Music
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:57:53 pm »

Does anyone know what the song is on Dwarf Fortress ? I play classical guitar (and metal) and it sounds similar to a few pieces but I can't place it. Anywayzz, just trying to learn to play it is all.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: In Game Music
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:14 pm »

it's an original piece by toady one. i think i remember seeing a tab around here somewhere, but i don't know where exactly

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »

I've been playing metal riffs over it for lulz... kind of an Em- F - power chords and such, fun to solo over.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:53 pm »

Yeah it's an original composed and recorded by Toady.

Though personally I generally play with sound off and online radio on, or with custom in-game music.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 11:18:53 am »

I always listen to the music when playing DF. It sets that special crazy mood.
Toady gave some clues about it way back in 2007; but I think you'll be more interested in LoopyDood's full tab version. Have fun!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »

The thing about the music that i love most, is that its unnamed.
Its just
song_game.ogg - Toady One

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 06:57:43 pm »

I should have known there was a tab rolling around somewhere...Lol.\
Thanks for the info guys. I've got a midi playlist I listen too sometimes with a bunch of metallica and slayer stuff. It sounds like a metal cover band trapped in a super nintendo. kind of fun. Sometimes I listen to Spotify too while I'm playing. I busted a string on my acoustic so..I guess I won't be playing for a couple of days.