Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: View details of built furniture items from "k" ('look') menu  (Read 798 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

As it is, from the all items of built furniture display the same way in the look menu regardless of quality, decoration, or even whether or not they're an artifact, and there is furthermore no way to access the details of the item from the look menu; My artifact copper door Cilob Nokgol just displays as "copper door", for example, with no way to access the details of said door without leaving the look menu.

While I understand that the details of the objects are visible in the 'View Items In Buildings' (t) menu, it would be nice to be able to look at the details of doors and coffers (etc) via the same menu (look/'k') that we use to view the details of everything else.

(Additionally, going to the 'View Items In Building' menu to view the details of that building is probably not something that would occur to new players; Doors, coffers, cabinets, and coffins, with very few exceptions, are not matryoshka dolls)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
Re: View details of built furniture items from "k" ('look') menu
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:22:13 am »

I agree completely that moving the "t" function to "k" would be a more efficient way to analyze the objects. Furthermore, it would allow "t" to be used for more important tasks.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: View details of built furniture items from "k" ('look') menu
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:53:09 pm »

Oh. I misinterpreted the title.

I thought you meant like: "The arms of the chair have a gentle curve. The legs are short and slender. The seat is engraved with emeralds."

But this is nice too.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.