Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms PC Games  (Read 1955 times)

Ezzran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Realms PC Games
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:27:53 pm »

I'm going to use this as a general topic to discuss the various Forgotten Realms PC games. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Baldur's Gate series, the Neverwinter Nights series, and the Icewind Dale series.

I just picked up Baldur's Gate (again) and am trying to figure out what kind of character I want to play. I'm also using EasyTuTu, which lets you play BG1 in the BG2 engine, and play both games (and Throne of Bhaal) as one continuous game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms PC Games
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »

You must go older. There were several FR based games for like, dos and crap. The old gold box wuzzits and related material. Then other stuff I'm forgetting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »

There's a game for DOS called Neverwinter Nights that's nothing like the Bioware one you surely know of.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 06:01:16 pm »

There's a game for DOS called Neverwinter Nights that's nothing like the Bioware one you surely know of.
Ooh the mmo one, lots of fun with that one.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 06:03:52 pm »

Two more:

Temple of Elemental Evil
Pool Of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor (I'm pretty sure this is the one that corrupted your windows directory if you uninstalled it)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 06:14:36 pm »

There was also an older pools of radiance, iirc. Unless that's the one you're talking about.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 06:25:29 pm »

There was Demon Stone and the various Baldur's Gate console versions. Although those are better left forgotten.

Ezzran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:17:09 pm »

There was Demon Stone and the various Baldur's Gate console versions. Although those are better left forgotten.

Yeah.... Dark Alliance was okay, I guess, but not for a Baldur's Gate game. Hell, the only thing even remotely related to Baldur's Gate was the setting. Should have called it something else.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 02:37:17 am »

Somebody else is aware of Icewind Dale? I was beginning to think I was the only one on the planet that had ever encountered that game, let alone played it.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Kolbur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46:35 am »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 02:59:59 am »

Temple of Elemental Evil

wrong, that's greyhawk

Somebody else is aware of Icewind Dale? I was beginning to think I was the only one on the planet that had ever encountered that game, let alone played it.
everything black isle made has somewhat of a cult status nowadays, although i do agree that icewind dale is somewhat less mentioned than the baldurs gates and fallouts and
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:03:58 am by Askot Bokbondeler »