Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A question concerning opposition to Gay Marriage, which I never thought of..  (Read 4842 times)

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure he's joking  :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

No way. It's obvious that without knowing the light of one particular god people will be immoral criminals who couldn't possibly understand the meaning of love, which is of course supposed to be awkward, guilt-ridden, and only consummated in order to produce children, preferably in the double digits.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

People who oppose GM also tend to oppose secularism, including secular marriage...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Besides that, what gives those people the idea that marriage is a religious institution anyway? It's a cultural thing, and it's near-universal.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atheists don't marry, obviously without god they can't form the stable and loving bonds needed for marriage.
please be joking.

if not, you have really pissed me off.
Yep, that was a joke.

And another score for the 'don't use sarcasm over the internet'.  :P
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atheists don't marry, obviously without god they can't form the stable and loving bonds needed for marriage.
please be joking.

if not, you have really pissed me off.
Yep, that was a joke.

And another score for the 'don't use sarcasm over the internet'.  :P
were you being sarcastic there?
 :P
What, me? No, not at all.
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Or rather "if you do use sarcasm over the internet be prepared to patiently explain it to greatorder".

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Please remember that some people use "for the children" seriously, as in they actually believe that this would be harmful to kids growing up in that kind of environment.  I think most people would agree that growing up with two good parents is healthier than growing up with one good parent.  On the light end of the crazy scale, many of these people believe that growing up with two gay parents is more like growing up with a single parent (because a strong male/female dichotomy is a major part of their culture).  They often don't think about the idea that not all couples have kids, but face it...plenty of gay couples do want kids.

There are also people who honestly believe that gay people are more prone to other immoral acts (like, /actual/ dangerous ones, not just godless heathen ones).  To these people, any act that makes them more accepted by society is dangerous, because it removes "dangerous" people from the fringes and puts them in the mainstream.  The ones who believe that being gay is a choice also wind up in this category, because they believe that making it more mainstream will encourage more people to choose that lifestyle.

These people often associate homosexuality with pedophilia, as laughable as that is.

Their logic is sound, but their core assumptions are fatally flawed.  If their delusions about "gay people are by nature more likely to be child molesters" was true, then their policy would be reasonable.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That reminds me of a video from the '50s.

I blame shit like that for the fact that gay marriage is even an issue in America.
Pages: 1 [2]