Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hauling rock=stronger dwarves?  (Read 2405 times)

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
Hauling rock=stronger dwarves?
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:05:18 pm »

One question:

Do hauling stone makes dwarves stronger? I think it makes sense, of not, Toady should implement this.
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling rock=stronger dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:06:09 pm »

I know operating pumps builds stats, but I'm not sure if we confirmed or disproved the hauling theory.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

Never noticed it in .31 or .34.6, I think it has to have a skill attached to increase atributes-hauling needs no skill

Connal89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:27:02 pm »

Yea attributes increase from skill level ups, hauling has no skill attached therefore no skill increase and no attribute points.

A strong/agile dwarf will haul heavier objects faster but Urist McScrawnyClutz won't get any better unless you send his ass to the gym.

So as an idea if you manage to work out everyones positions, removing a few of your dedicated haulers and putting them on full time air pumping duties would give them a stat buff then you could just cycle through them a few at a time. Probably a waste of time seen as wheel barrows/mine carts are probably just as fast.  Too bad pumps don't increase agility too

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:26:43 am »

could've sworn i saw someone do a bit of testing and found that the attribute increase from pumping was negligible.

Connal89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:54:29 am »

Tell that to my legendary pump operating militia recruit who crushed a trolls skull with his hands because he was still waiting on a weapon....

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »

Tell that to my legendary pump operating militia recruit who crushed a trolls skull with his hands because he was still waiting on a weapon....

if you get lucky enough on that, even the poorest recruit with no skills can pull that off. doesn't mean that recruit got stat upgrades from pump operating (though likely killing a troll gained some from improving wrestling).

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »

I got 50+ Strength and 250+ Endurance from training Pump Operation to legendary+5. It was worth it.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral