Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Possible bug - drastic speed decrease on high stat adventurer  (Read 12172 times)

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug - drastic speed decrease on high stat adventurer
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:25 am »

Theres no doubt in my mind that this is a bug. Ive been playing DF since about adventure mode hit (took a long break from DF) and this hasnt been a problem till now.

Im no computer wiz or anything but I think it might be something in the raws that is messed up and causes the "drop". Ive noticed that I can make the fastest POSSIBLE charecter in the game at 2100 or so and the drop happens along and brings it to 1600 or so. From there iv noticed that it further drops the more you play by small amounts, now lets say this charecter becomes a vampire the drop happens on a massive scale this time to 1000-1200 no matter what your speed is (unless your crippled)

So, all in all it is a bug that people encounter all we can do is report it and hope its fixed soon.

Side note: i can understand the vampire thing though because can you imagine a charecter that dodges everything and hits everytime because hes a vampire get a huge amount of turns before his foe?
Pages: 1 2 [3]