Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First adventure story!  (Read 1333 times)

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First adventure story!
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:44:39 pm »

So after playing dwarf fortress mode long enough. I decided to try adventure mode! First quest, kill a night creature  :'(. Got into the little cavern and kicked his nightly butt.
Second quest took place in a friendly little town! I almost got ambushed apparently? (You feel uneasy). ::)
What a suprise? General imports! Time to buy some trinkets and fashionable items for my girl! Before I got to buy anything I saw a elf getting beat up! HA!
 :P
Then it got a little to real and a poor child was screaming for his life   :'(
He was struck down.
Before I decided the man was insane, he went to attack another guy! HELL NAW! >:(
So I killed him, the man was uncousious so I left him to rest, decided to go to the back to get some information. I never did get to buy anything after that.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First adventure story!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »

So after playing dwarf fortress mode long enough. I decided to try adventure mode! First quest, kill a night creature  :'(. Got into the little cavern and kicked his nightly butt.
Second quest took place in a friendly little town! I almost got ambushed apparently? (You feel uneasy). ::)
What a suprise? General imports! Time to buy some trinkets and fashionable items for my girl! Before I got to buy anything I saw a elf getting beat up! HA!
 :P
Then it got a little to real and a poor child was screaming for his life   :'(
He was struck down.
Before I decided the man was insane, he went to attack another guy! HELL NAW! >:(
So I killed him, the man was uncousious so I left him to rest, decided to go to the back to get some information. I never did get to buy anything after that.

That. Is. Awesome.

Anyone who says adventure mode isn't real DF is truly an Armok-damned liar.

(Snide comment: But maybe cut back on the smileys a little bit  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:29:41 pm by ObeseHelmet »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:17:32 pm »

Lol sorry!
I just thought it would add more story if the little boy who was being killed was put together with a  :'(. But oh well XD
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:07:08 am »

sounds like his abusive father got to rough and there were to many witnesses lol

Wuggeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Garbagarbagrbagrbagrargb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48:12 am »

It's much better than my first adventure story where I just decided to go for a swim and was cut in two by a sturgeon
Watch me on Devaintart! http://razukie.deviantart.com/

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »

It's much better than my first adventure story where I just decided to go for a swim and was cut in two by a sturgeon

Mine was slightly more cliche. Carp.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:34:01 pm »

I used to attack law-givers in the fortresses, until I took a fucking lash into my shitfuckingitty heart

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 07:40:51 pm »

I used to attack law-givers in the fortresses, until I took a fucking lash into my shitfuckingitty heart
Haha, im scared of law givers now. Thanks XD.