Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Elven Caravan?  (Read 7995 times)

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Caravan?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 01:27:07 am »

A thought just hit me-

If Elves hate killing trees, then what are their caravans made of?
I highlighted your confusion. See, elves hate when YOU kill trees. Elves, themselves, kill trees just fine, as proved by the dozens of logs they bring to you yearly.

It's just that they know the humane (elven?) way to do it, without causing unnecessary suffering for the vegetal.

F#%@ing elves hypocrites!!!

Not hypocrites, liars. The reason they're going to war with you is that they're infringing on your wood monopoly! Its the theory that makes the most sense while requiring the least craziness.

When you get the announcement "an elven caravan from Falayalaralfali has arrived", it just means "elf merchants traveling together", not "elves pulling a pop-up trailer behind their Austin Allegro".

Sigged. Hard.

Sadly, I think the poster of this "sig worthy" comment forgot that people from the United States also tend to have MULTIPLE MEANINGS to the same word. And in case you forgot, there is an AMERICAN car called the Dodge Grand CARAVAN, which, obviously, uses the word CARAVAN the same way that I have. All I'm saying is that, to whoever posted that "sig worthy" comment, if you were TRYING to come across as arrogant, you have succeeded.   Not all Americans are the same. Remember that, okay?

I'm American. I was not trying to be dismissive of you, just making a joke based on different uses of the word. If you do a google search for the phrase "in a caravan" essentially all the results will be from Britain.

I was just offended that you viewed me as an outsider, instead of a fellow American. Other than that, you're joke was funny. It sounds like something my old man would probably say.
Spoiler: Minor rant (click to show/hide)

Okay... I wasn't being very tactful with my wording. What I meant was that I consider people who don't have U.S. citizenship as "outsiders". That doesn't mean that we are any better are worse than them. I am proud of my heritage, so when someone asks me if I'm from a foreign country, and then, goes on acting like they know for a FACT that I am from a foreign country, it offends me. It would've helped if you waited for me to answer your question about whether or not I was a foreigner before you went on to tell me about the United States. It made me feel like I didn't know anything about my own country, thus, lack intelligence.  Do we have an understanding?

P.S.- Sorry about embarrassing you. I didn't mean to. :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:09:30 am by DwarfMeister »
Pages: 1 2 [3]