Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rehashing Tobacco and other plants  (Read 768 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Rehashing Tobacco and other plants
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:28:55 pm »

I've been thinking a little about farm mods- most of this is definitely something to be tackled in the caravan arc, but here goes nothing...

>Introduction of inedible/"useless" plants that sell for high prices (Tobacco?)
>Introduction of certian plants that have functions but are better to sell alone (Like hemp. Elves freaking love it and pay out their little pointy ears for it. (I.E, low material value, high actual value.))
>Harder farming. Not sure how this could be done with only the raws, but maybe plants that have a certain temperature range they have to be in (unless you like liquefied/frozen plant)
>Nature Hates You: What about cave-occurring plants that instantly become syndrome-rich gas upon finding them? Possibly even surface plant bombs, leading to !!FUN!! embarkations.
>Nature REALLY Hates You: Plants that don't gas up, they liquefy into death puddles.
>Farmer Barn of Death: A trap made out of toxic processed plant. (or the plant that comes before it.) The products are ejected out onto a different tile or something, or it's made into a trap that when a lever is pulled it spits toxic liquid on the ground or something. Maybe even liek the bucket-on-the-door traps. (Yes. Not possible with RAWs, I get it.)

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Rehashing Tobacco and other plants
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:33:08 pm »

@final part of the post
See Gnomeblight.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Rehashing Tobacco and other plants
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:10:56 am »

>Introduction of inedible/"useless" plants that sell for high prices (Tobacco?)

Check out my mod Corrosion. It already has tobacco, but you can make the tobacco into cigars! It requires a little bit of micromanagement, bags of leaves can't be in barrels and need to be really close to the kiln.

>Harder farming. Not sure how this could be done with only the raws, but maybe plants that have a certain temperature range they have to be in (unless you like liquefied/frozen plant)

Again, Corrosion. Plants can be given certain biomes so that they only grow there. So you can plant a turnip in a savanna, but not in a marsh. Additionally, growing times have been extended significantly, it requires a season to grow most most.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!