Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird or amusing trends you notice in your game.  (Read 3855 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird or amusing trends you notice in your game.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:34 am »

Artifact wooden cups.
I think my computer is cursed or something.  >:(
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Henrik Undrgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 07:13:39 am »

In all the forts i've had i've never had the elves bring something useful and I still let them live hoping against hope that one day they might bring a tiger of something.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 07:39:41 am »

It's only one dwarf with a huge rack of kills each time and the rest are never over 5 (in the case of the dwarf with 92 kills, the next highest is 1!), and the latest fort is at 1050 years of world gen, and on a new copy of DF. I also seem to get a lot of engravings of a human taming bobcats no matter the world I use. I'd drop the traitors in magma but I usually can't waste engravers =(

My guess is that your civ has been fighting a losing war. A war in which a civ is constantly on the defensive will have most of its worldgen figures dead with only a few survivors who have massive numbers of kills, since they are survivors of multiple sieges. Migrants are a mixture of worldgen figures and "faceless masses" whose histories are not tracked the same way. I suspect that most of your migrants come from the masses with only a few genuine worldgen migrants- those are the ones with the kills.

Art is region-dependent. If you only settle in remote regions, the only art you will get is of taming events because those are the only worldgen events that ever happen in remote, unpopulated regions. If you tend to settle in the same biome type every time, you will only ever see taming events for war-trainable creatures appropriate to that region. For example, bobcats and giant eagles are the only war-trainable creatures in mountain biomes.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 09:21:29 am »

Ah. So my world generator is cursed to make dwarven civs that constantly lose wars =(
Yeah, regarding the bobcats, I usually try for savage neutral biomes so that would make sense. Just seems weird it's always a human, and never another animal being tamed.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:47 am »

I have a lot of engravings in multiple forts of Ettins laboring. I think I'm making Ettins my mascot.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 [2]