Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it me or are necromancers narcissistic?  (Read 1296 times)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it me or are necromancers narcissistic?
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »

I just genned a new world, and I think over half of the books are Necromancers writing about themselves. They don't even have much history to go on, the world's only 50 years old!
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Is it me or are necromancers narcissistic?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

they consider becomming undead abominations a good option to prevent the world from losing their awesome selves. I think that answers the question
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:13:09 pm »

Just wait a while longer and they will write books about the books they wrote. Then they will write books about storing the books they wrote. Then they will write books about the books they wrote about storing the books they wrote.

Yo dawg, we heard you like books, so we wrote a book about you writing a book so you can read about books while you read a book.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:54:25 pm »

I had a bunch of demons write books about each other in a 34.02 world. They must've been in love.l

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:12:37 pm »

Narcissistic? Enlightened. These guys have discovered the secrets of life and death, don't you think it'd excuse writing an autobiography without such slanderous accusations against their character? ::)
(People are so prejudiced against necromancers these days. Makes me sick).

Besides, they know a thing or two.

What I'm referring to of course, is a book I found. A book written by a human necro called The Dwarf Is The Way.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »

Just a guess, "The Dwarf" is a previous book, and "The Dwarf is the Way" is a book about that book. I'm waiting for a book called "The Bird" and a companion commentary, "The Bird is the Word." Ba ba ba ba ba oo mao mao, ba ba ooo mao mao

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 02:10:13 pm »

they consider becomming undead abominations a good option to prevent the world from losing their awesome selves. I think that answers the question

hahaaaa, this.