Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fixing Vampires Lack of Alcohol  (Read 900 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Fixing Vampires Lack of Alcohol
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:25:03 am »

Vampires are easy to detect because they say they haven't had alcohol in a while. Since they don't drink.

So why not add [ALCOHOL_CREATURE] tag to the BLOOD_TEMPLATE.

This may create a problem bug feature of dwarves drinking animal blood in barrels that the merchants bring. But that stuff needs a use anyways.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing Vampires Lack of Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:59:10 am »

I thought that vampires didn't actually drink blood, instead just removing blood from their victim and having it vanish. Besides that, the vampirism thing may not call the same code as drinking, making this pointless.

I'm not saying it's not worth a shot, but don't get your hopes up, as it probably won't work.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 05:40:47 am »

I thought that vampires didn't actually drink blood, instead just removing blood from their victim and having it vanish.
Solution was found. There have been !!SCIENCE!! (summary) about modding (dwarven) blood by adding symptoms with temporary [NO_DRINK] tag removal.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 05:44:22 am »

I thought that vampires didn't actually drink blood, instead just removing blood from their victim and having it vanish.
Solution was found. There have been !!SCIENCE!! (summary) about modding (dwarven) blood by adding symptoms with temporary [NO_DRINK] tag removal.

A supplement (also contained in the link above, now that I checked it.): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.msg3130275#msg3130275
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:57:41 pm »

From my to-do list:

- Add this to dwarven blood, to make vampires harder to spot.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
      [ENTERS_BLOOD]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:has bitten a dwarf]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_INGESTED]
         [CE_REMOVE_TAG:NO_DRINK:START:0]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::