Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I know when a creature will turn into a werecreature?  (Read 778 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

In the entire time I've been playing DF, I've never encountered one creature in werecreature form. I'm sick of being a vampire/necomancer, I need change, but that change cannot happen until I know when a peasant transforms into a werecreature. Is it on a full moon?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I know when a creature will turn into a werecreature?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:32 am »

There has to be a full moon; watch the skies at night for the right time.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:01 am »

Oh, and you have to let it actually bite you, drinking blood won't do. And you have to wait an entire month to transform.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:44 am »

Quick traveling during the full moon cycle will trigger the transformation.  Just move one space and go back into the closer explore view.  I usually like to put away my shield and remove the gauntlet for that arm/hand.  If you worry about the creature wrestling you, chop off a limb, run away, fast travel one space, and repeat until it is limbless.  Then it will be more likely to bite you and good iron/steel armor will protect the more critical areas of you body like the legs, head, and neck.  After your unarmored arm gets bit, run away, go into sneak, and fast travel to check if you contracted the curse.  This has worked for me about 99.9% of the time.
I play games of games inside games in my head.