Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer and quests involving small "Dwarf mode" installmetns.  (Read 386 times)

teloft

• Bay Watcher
  • We found the zirilid stream
    • View Profile

I adventure around, and the local Baron has requested that I help rebuild a ruined fort with new defenses.

This idea is to use the Dwarf mode in a miniature way, where I as an adventurer can take over a small lot and do a well framed Fortress  quest, like: Set up a brewery in a local town and produce some ale. (involving setting up a stockpile and making a trade agreement with local farmers, also to get some helping hands to operate the still and the stockpiles, rebuilding the housing to protect from bandits and stuff like that).  It must be self running so I can go quest and be killed by some cyclopes, while my next adventurer can visit the brewery and buy some ale. 
We found the zirilid stream

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer and quests involving small "Dwarf mode" installmetns.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »

Maybe someday. Sounds like a cool idea.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Adventurer and quests involving small "Dwarf mode" installmetns.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:54:49 pm »

I adventure around, and the local Baron has requested that I help rebuild a ruined fort with new defenses.

This idea is to use the Dwarf mode in a miniature way, where I as an adventurer can take over a small lot and do a well framed Fortress  quest, like: Set up a brewery in a local town and produce some ale. (involving setting up a stockpile and making a trade agreement with local farmers, also to get some helping hands to operate the still and the stockpiles, rebuilding the housing to protect from bandits and stuff like that).  It must be self running so I can go quest and be killed by some cyclopes, while my next adventurer can visit the brewery and buy some ale. 
And that is exactly what I have been wanting in a game for such a long time. If this happens, I will be overjoyed.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.