Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My very first-.... tower  (Read 1014 times)

Urist McDonalds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My very first-.... tower
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:54:12 am »

I spawned awkwardly in an abandoned hamlet, I've read that minotaurs kept attacking it in the legends.
So I fast travelled north and found a tower, my very first tower!
I was indeed excited!
But when I just stepped into the door, I saw a huge number of dwarf corpses charging at me, I didn't even get a chance to run, then I died.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: My very first-.... tower
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:17:05 pm »

You probably already know this from numerous other reports on the forums, but if you want to get into the tower the easy way, just become a vampire first.  Then all the undead are friendly to you, and you only have to fight the necromancers themselves.  Many necro towers have multiple necromancers and hundreds of zombies, and it would be incredibly difficult to fight your way in.

Rtyh-C

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughtering elves in low Earth orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:34:09 pm »

Yes, I tried. I had no chance. I survived for a short while while killing corpses, which got revived anyway within seconds.

The necromancers themselves don't really have any fighting skills, so if you become a night creature first, things will be reaaaallllyyy easy.
By that logic, you shouldn't be able to play dwarves because they don't show thinking ability.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:56:08 pm »

Whatever you do, don't lock your stats as soon as possible.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »

I spawned awkwardly in an abandoned hamlet, I've read that minotaurs kept attacking it in the legends.
So I fast travelled north and found a tower, my very first tower!
I was indeed excited!
But when I just stepped into the door, I saw a huge number of dwarf corpses charging at me, I didn't even get a chance to run, then I died.
lol that means armok hates you
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »

I never become vampire before assaulting a tower.

I just set fires all around the outside, lure all the zombies out and far away, then sneak back in to kill the necromancers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:36:16 am »

Usually I sneak in, grab the slab, get spotted by the necromancer, toss my backpack closer to the entrance, and die valiently.

These towers need windows so that I can die rather than become one of the undead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:27:57 am »

Just get an agile character with some throwing skill. Get one group of zombies to follow you, pelt them with stones, if they have necro keep kiting them and pelt him. When theyre all dead pick up their corpses and dump them some where out of the way a bit. Its a slow method but it works and means you dont have to become a vampire
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 09:36:42 am »

These towers need windows so that I can die rather than become one of the undead.

Or if there was a way to just destroy walls. That would be pretty awesome :D