Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Curious if anyone's ever done this before.  (Read 842 times)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Curious if anyone's ever done this before.
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:37:04 pm »

Has anyone done a community fortress that had one player serving as a "DM" of sorts, throwing the other players curveballs as the game progresses?

By modding in some extra dummy reactions and castes before the game starts, the DM could increase difficulty as the years go by, doing anything from making a deposit of microcline cause severe illness to causing half the fortress to rise in revolt against the other half.

Has this been done already?  If not, I think it would be interesting.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Curious if anyone's ever done this before.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

closest that I recall was a fortress where the current player had to obey/fulfill mandates decided upon by the posters in the thread.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
Re: Curious if anyone's ever done this before.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »

Girlinhat had a similar idea with a program that would randomly change the raws. This might be a little more interesting - perhaps a succession game in which reactions were changed between players turns.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.