Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mountain home  (Read 718 times)

Varjo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mountain home
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:39:20 pm »

I cannot locate mountain home, any help?

I have travelled quite a long time to reach mountain home position. The place is in the corner of high mountain. I look the compass and the area is about 30x30 steps where mountain home should be. However, its difficult to locate since the edge of mountain ( ramps ). I have travelled this area about million times around, i have now only 1 water left...

1) Is there an entrace at all?
2) Is there anything inside mountain home e.g. shops or water?
3) Has anybody found mountain home?? :-\

Thanks. btw, great game, just awesome.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain home
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:44:29 pm »

They do not exist, neither for Forest retreats, Goblin Towers, or anything else. Only humans.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »

Unless you switch the dwarven's default site in the entity raw over to CITY, they won't appear and the only thing you can do at a Mountainhome site is retire so that your adventurer will migrate to your site in Fortress Mode. Of course, even if you do change that default site, the clothing/armor shops only have things in human-sized, but the keeps and dungeons will have dwarf-sized equipment.

At the very least, adding [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] to their entry lets dwarves build castles that you can visit, acquire quests, and recruit sidekicks from. You'll have to regen the world though.

Varjo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:30:29 pm »

Its ok, i survived back to plains ( by dropping my only water and refilling my containers ;) and did some missions - got actually a lots of fame and fortune - but then while travelling with companions i got suddenly stabbed by a goblin spearman, life is fragile.

ASAP i started fortress mode and its even more fun :)

Sound great to have possibility to migrate your adventurer to a fortress!