Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Metro  (Read 2490 times)

Pyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dragons Can Code
Dwarven Metro
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:01:24 am »

Mine carts + riding dwarves + tunnels = metro network perhaps?

I suppose there are other things that might be possible such as crude roller coasters.

Anybody got other exciting ideas for mine carts?

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metro
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:28:23 am »

This is like the 5th thread discussing minecarts btw.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:03 am »

This is like the 5th thread discussing minecarts btw.

And they deserve every single one. But still... most ideas have already been posted in the Holy Crap Minecarts thread.
[Signature]

Pyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dragons Can Code
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:09 am »

Oh, I do apologise. The Dwarven metro idea suddenly came to me. I am a big fan of building such things in Minecraft. The thought of doing it here is awesome!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:50:56 am »

Use just embark to partially embark on your old fort. Continue building your metro until it connects the entire world.
Metro 2033 bonus:
make it go through evil biomes, and have it inhabited by ghosts and horrifying creatures.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:42 am »

Well, yeah? I thought that was kinda the big idea. I mean, I certainly wasn't planning to lay all tracks above ground.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Pyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dragons Can Code
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 03:47:14 am »

Use just embark to partially embark on your old fort. Continue building your metro until it connects the entire world.
Metro 2033 bonus:
make it go through evil biomes, and have it inhabited by ghosts and horrifying creatures.

That sounds amazing! Little engineering parties having to survive off f the wilderness while they dig the tracks. Its a shame you can't depart into cities now. That would have been something fun to work with.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 07:16:46 am »

Yes you can, just use the "just embark" utility. The problem is that most cities are above aquifers.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 08:51:49 am »

Д6

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:15:21 am »

The nobles teach that only the mandated way can show the true path through the tunnels.
Comrade Urist, what do the nobles say about giant hexapods made of microcline that emit flesh melting vapor?
Um, er...
Well, so much for entertainment...
SILENCE!