Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DFW Challenge!  (Read 5168 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: DFW Challenge!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »

There is no magic behind it, just a lack of details.  See, when a creature wins wrestling competitions, they accrue trophies, and as anyone knows, intelligent beings always wear their trophies!  As they win more and more, their bodies become covered with the items, until they finally reach the point that their body has become a bloat of belts atop belts atop capes atop belts, glinting and gleaming as the dwarf inside hobbles around 50 foot in the air because he has belts strapped to his feet in 30 layers thick.  At that point, the others don't recognize who he is, and just declare, "The Metal Monster has come."  Well, bronze is a form of metal, and dwarves are nothing for specifics.  They figure "Metal eh?  Wassat, bronze maybe?  Sure.  Bronze Colossus!"

I originally assumed that Bronze Colossuses were what happens when a dwarven civilization advanced to such a level that it discovers how to create humungous mecha. The chosen pilot, gone completely mad with the power at his hands or otherwise driven to melancholy upon discovering that his own mother’s soul was imbued into the metal monstrosity, wipes out his own kingdom and then wreaks a terrible vengeance upon all free peoples.

But from now on I’m going with your idea.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

There is no magic behind it, just a lack of details.  See, when a creature wins wrestling competitions, they accrue trophies, and as anyone knows, intelligent beings always wear their trophies!  As they win more and more, their bodies become covered with the items, until they finally reach the point that their body has become a bloat of belts atop belts atop capes atop belts, glinting and gleaming as the dwarf inside hobbles around 50 foot in the air because he has belts strapped to his feet in 30 layers thick.  At that point, the others don't recognize who he is, and just declare, "The Metal Monster has come."  Well, bronze is a form of metal, and dwarves are nothing for specifics.  They figure "Metal eh?  Wassat, bronze maybe?  Sure.  Bronze Colossus!"

/thread
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »

Yeah Kodkod, your idea is fine and all, but you've forgotten the part where these are all dwarves.

Of anything:
Urist McEvangelion has been comforted by his mother lately.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05:17 pm »

Then I suggest imbuing Urist McTestPilot’s mother-in-law’s soul into the technological terror construct instead, and sealing him in. If the promise of an eternity of that, without the merciful embrace of death as comfort, isn’t sufficient to drive any creature to omnicide then I don’t know what will.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 11:11:19 pm »

Urist McTestPilot has been forced to talk to an annoying acquaintance lately.  He has taken joy in slaughter lately.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 03:25:10 pm »

Bronze Collosi are just wrestlers that are 20 time champions. Its what happens.

They do also have the distinct advantage of being three hundred times more massive than a dwarf, and made of metal as opposed to juicy, succulent flesh.

served in bite sized chunks, outer coverings removed, now, at your local dwarf delicatessen fortress! Special of the week, Dragon Roasted, extra well cooked! Courtesy of Embra the gracious gemstone of merchants, the majestic dragon master chef! You know you want to try it!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 03:40:15 pm »

difference between "pro" wrestling and dwarven wrestling is that dwarven wrestling is actually fighting. Although I do support this since it's extremely dwarven to break your opponents with only your body.

By the way, you're not supposed to have weapons, so no gobbo impalement.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 02:40:34 am »

"And Urist has the Bearhug locked in!" *Goblin wrestler has all his ribs break and bleeds to death after one of them hits his heart.* Thats how I picture this anyways.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 02:44:05 am »

Urist McWrestler cancels wrestle, interupted by surprising move
The Giant Thrips throws Urist and sends Urist flying
Urist McWrestler: idle
Urist has collided with a tree
Urist has been struck down

don't mess with the bug
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 03:16:59 am »

You know, I don't think i've witnessed one of my dwarves explode yet. Oh well.

"A royal rumble pay-per-view has arrived!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 03:38:38 am »

I don't think i've witnessed one of my dwarves explode yet.

♫"Tension is rising, gravity hurts..."♫

Fun fun fun. All you need is one migrant and a big drop.
Pages: 1 [2]