Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Your nerdy bragging rights  (Read 13359 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Your nerdy bragging rights
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2012, 12:25:30 am »

Man I got at least 200 hours, easy on skyrim within 2 weeks. I miss that game
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »

Hmm.  Well, how about I find that I understand and am much more fluent in mainframe assembler than any object-oriented programming language? 

I can't really think of anything else terribly outstanding/noteworthy right now -_-

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »

I got to look at Jupiter through an observatory telescope once!

That's all I've got.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2012, 05:09:28 pm »

Hmm.  Well, how about I find that I understand and am much more fluent in mainframe assembler than any object-oriented programming language? 

I can't really think of anything else terribly outstanding/noteworthy right now -_-

Oh, that last post reminded me!  I attended a lecture by David H. Levy once and got his autograph.  He put a smiley on it O_o

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

I recently made a D&D character build that uses level 11 (Epic level) spells in level 6 slots at level 14. Although she's a wizard her intelligence is just at 14, and what spells she can cast is determined solely on dexterity. I picked a ray spell to use the dex and abuse the split metamagic before adding everything else. I had to shorten all the spells that she uses into acronyms from all the metamagic being applied. SEMSSFRoC is her best spell so far dealing a flat saveless 180 damage before the 5d6 sneak attack damage. At level 15 that spell is dropping down to a level 5 slot because of another feat. That's ludicrous if you know D&D.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »

I taught myself short division before I understood long division. When I was in fourth grade, we were learning long division. I couldn't understand it at all. There were so many things you had to write down, and I had no idea what to do. Somehow, I just learned short division on my own. The teacher always got mad at me for not doing it the way I was supposed to.

I use a dvorak keyboard layout.

I accidentally generated a Sierpinski Triangle on my calculator in math class one day, when I was trying to do cellular automation (and failing).

I've read all five books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series three times.

I was listening to dubstep in early 2009, before it was cool.

I made a car differential using K'nex.

I'm sure I have more nerdy bragging rights than this, but I can't remember them.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:55 am »

I've read all five books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series more than a few times..

I was listening to dubstep in early 2009, before it was cool.

I made an extremely lightweight car using Knex that had so much power-to-weight that I had to put a wheelie bar on it. It won all of its trials that day in school.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2012, 05:20:42 am »

Ignore this double post...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]