Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When animal skins attack!  (Read 697 times)

jonsnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When animal skins attack!
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:33:53 am »

So I decided to try my hand at a haunted area.  I quickly embark with lots of wood and build a wall around my area, walling everyone in.  Okay not so bad.  Except that one of my guys is a werelizard... I wait for him to transform back, then I have him bait the zombie/guy he killed outside, place a door, and lock them both outside and let the werelizard starve to death.  Okay, that's two people less than normal...  Welp, afraid that they might break down the door, or ravens fly over the walls and kill my water buffalo...  I quickly butcher the buffalo...

ONLY TO FIND THE SKINS (yes just the skins) BEING REANIMATED AND KILLING EVERYONE!  WHAT!  HOW DOES IT HAVE HUGE MUSCLES IF IT HAS NO MEAT ON IT!  THE CHAOS.

Yes the capitalization is to highlight my frustration.

Fun times.

Let it be known - whatever you do, DO NOT BUTCHER WATER BUFFALO!

Also, can the toughs of hair that get knocked off become animated?  I need to look into this more.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:37:41 am by jonsnow »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: When animal skins attack!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:40:43 am »

You can't cut hair off, but yes, butchered animals which produce hair will reanimate.

You want to know fun? Search "skin" on the DF board >:]

*EDIT, a favourite quote of mine.

I butchered a water buffalo in a terrifying biome.

The resulting undead skin and undead hair knocked enough dwarfs into pools of water that the fortress spiraled into chaos.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: When animal skins attack!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:13:21 am »

evil is really evil now. Anyway, skeletons can reanimat too, it's magic powered, not muscle powered. And what happened to you isn't the strangest that has happened. There was a thread some time ago about someone whose fort was overrun by undead mussel shells after a necromancer showed up.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.