Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You aren't trying if you aren't cheating, or something like that...  (Read 4044 times)

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't trying if you aren't cheating, or something like that...
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 06:08:01 pm »

...why not just use DFHack and fastdwarf... it'll speed it all up.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 08:54:36 pm »

Or givem a SPEED:0 tag.  I think you can also give dwarves mining as a natural skill.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 11:16:34 pm »

wait the main issue is the update worry-- so don't worry--a big update just came out in Feb. the mine carts will take months to sort out, and any megaproject you start will have plenty of time to mature.

The migrants thing can't be accomplished--two waves will always come--but you are free to force those waves to scavenge outside your completely sealed walled compound

finally the matter of making dwarves fight.  This is tricky.  You will need to attack your visiting dwarven outpost liason with a (s)quad (k)ill order.  This will cause what is known as a loyalty cascade, wherein the killers become enemies of their (your) civilization and thus hostile to their own squad.  You need to make sure the traitors (perhaps the beyond the walls scavengers) survive and kill all the loyal dwarves (e.g. make the kill squad all legendary miners).  Then you can set up an arena where you fight one or two of the traitors with the loyal dwarves who are locked inside the walled compound.

hope this helps
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2]