Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My giant raven is laying eggs.  (Read 10039 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: My giant raven is laying eggs.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 05:16:49 pm »

A word of caution: since the Giant variation removes the [PET], [PET_EXOTIC], etc tags, the creature won't be able to successfully breed. IIRC.

My impression was that if it is nest-boxing and has CHILD tags, it can breed. This might a chance to prove me wrong though.

after some !!science!! I have mixed reports.

giant keas will breed, and they're awesome to put in a surprise box for goblin to found. they claim a nest box, then they stay there for almost a year, and then you have all the small kea chick running around

giant crows will claim a nest box, stay here a whole lot more than keas, then fail.

probably something about rotitng eggs? can't know, that fort is now down to 4 dwarves and a couple ghosts. (it's on hiatus waiting for the hauling fixes, as the courtyard is a mess of goblins, olms, keas, dwarves, blood, clothes and stuff)

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »

i got a pair of wild yeti's do they get baby yeti's or something ? :D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 03:18:06 am »

then it's only a matter of waiting for a flock murder to pass by...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's an unkindness of ravens. Or I suppose a giant unkindness of ravens :]

I fully expect someone to make Giant Horses soon, and somehow shove them down into the Ring Top to torment the dwarves who dared to find the clowns.

It's at times like these when realize how awesome it would be having a man-baby-giant-horse-god with 8 legs called Sleipnir.
Pages: 1 2 [3]