Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passing into Age of Legends - Y151  (Read 1155 times)

kardofaces

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Passing into Age of Legends - Y151
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:06:03 pm »

Is this common? Medium World - Low Civilization - Medium Beasts

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Passing into Age of Legends - Y151
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:18:06 pm »

its not unheard of.  Been around since 40d at least.  The world passes from age of myth to age of legends when enough megabeast/titans get killed.  If you kill one in fort mode it can trigger it.  I've found in .34 that the world stays in the age of myth for hundreds of years.  I've seen worlds pass briefly into legends and then go back into the age of myth, I believe due to minotaur breeding.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »

Also, ages only change at the beginning of a new year, hence why it didn't occur right when you killed your most recent megabeast.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 10:18:51 pm »

In smaller worlds were you can kill off mega-beasts pretty fast in fortress mode its not un-heard of to cause age changes like that. Like in a pocket world with default settings. One or two mega-beast kills might do it.
I voted for BANANA!

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:19:20 pm »

Passing into the Age of Legends just means that a certain % of the Megabeasts in the world have been killed. It's a little harder to get it during playing depending on what year you start at because of the randomness factor of the beasts and who kills them/how many dead.

You'll notice it more often during worldgen as the years tally up. In worlds with a smaller amount of beasts it can happen quickly, or even become the Age of "Megabeast name/type here" (this happens if one or more beasts amass a large enough kill list, or are the only beasts left in the world). Worlds with more beasts tend to take longer to pass.