Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cats and pigs choose dwarves over humans :D  (Read 710 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Cats and pigs choose dwarves over humans :D
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:46:49 pm »

Needless to say, i embarked upon a human town -just embark tool- with a miniature castle, and swarms of local cats and pigs. Theirs also some serpant folk in a sewer pipe and a kobald troop in the castle basements just hanging out.

Oh and the humans, whos town it is. As such only a small number are freindly. the rest are hostile. :D but all the native cats and pigs are freindly, and have begun to swarm the humans who would attack the dwarven expeditionary force. Bit one sided for the humans, bar the fact i sent one of my miners in with his pick and now the place is full of corpses.

Long story short: what is the preferences for freindly and none freindly? and why is it all the domestic wildlife love dwarves over humans so much as to fight and die for them? :)

ALSO: anyone know what a holy seed is? one of the humans has it for a proffesion.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:49:25 pm by Karakzon »
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats and pigs choose dwarves over humans :D
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:52:39 pm »

The animals must know that they'd be better off in the company of dwarves than with anyone else, which is saying something, considering dwarves tend to stuff them in cages and slaughter their young for meat; whatever the humans are doing to those animals must be inconceivably terrible.

Holy Seed sounds like a religious title to me, like Exalted Control.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:53 pm »

Well the animals know the Dwarves come without number (for the first two embark waves anyways), and figure at least some of them will live if they side with the Dwarves, versus being branded an enemy of the mountainhome and getting genocide normally reserved for all things with pointy ears inflicted upon their populace.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:07:25 pm »

The expedition failed, quite bloody infact x)

5 dwarves dead, 2 insaine, around 20 humans dead. innumerable cats and pigs scatterd across the place.

Seems if you start with dwarves with no skill in anything and average stats a human will rip them to bloody peices quite easily. despite feline and porcine intervention.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »

Now if only that was on an evil biome :(

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 06:50:11 pm »

The next experiment ive conducted is a fortress were the dwarves take over a human tomb.

What ive run into, infact is two tombs side by side. Ill upload screenshots tomorrow, but the gist is: the tombs own weapon traps turned into ours upon arrival and when the zombies and mummies came out they all got shredded to itty bitty peices. as such, the 100 or so corpses of elves and men are being thrown over the walls wile the traps are ripped up and repurposed, and their slabs are portrayed out front with their warnings on them to show what we dwarves think of such pettyness. Only 2 dwarves died in this take over. A carpenter and a miner. I wonder if the local human civ will be angry i just threw two of their great leaders bones into the mass graveyard.

Bonus on the cake: All the bones from smashed up skeletons i found are being turned into human and elf bone bolts and my second fay mood is a elf bone warhammer. Thats basicaly second to a candy metal warhammer in usefullness x) very prisoner freindly.