Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Children too old  (Read 647 times)

Whiteydr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Children too old
« on: April 11, 2012, 01:29:25 am »

I tried searching for answers in the forum, but found none.  According to DF Wiki, dwarf children become adults at the age of 12.  I'm on my second year now, so I just go the large immigrant wave.  Half of the children in the wave are over 12!  One of them is even 18!  That's even an adult in human standards.  I don't know what the deal is.  I have a feeling that all of the children over 12 will never mature into adults.  I assume this because in my first wave, I got an 11 year old and a 13 year old.  Since then, the 11 year old has matured to become a peasant, but the 13 year old is still a child.  WHAT'S GOING ON!?  I'm not using any mods, just the lazy newb pack.  And no, I don't have the child labor cheat enabled.  I tried it in a previous fortress and it did not work at all.  They just sat around the meeting hall all day.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'd hate to have to start killing off these kids.  :(

7KevinRS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Children too old
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:31:04 am »

I believe you have to wait one year for the game to recheck the ages. You duped your thread btw.