Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lifeless Planet  (Read 1976 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Lifeless Planet
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:54:48 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/davidboard/lifeless-planet-a-new-cinematic-sci-fi-adventure-g

Note: This is early footage.

20 LIGHT-YEARS FROM EARTH, RUSSIA IS WINNING THE SPACE RACE
While seeking life on a distant planet, a skeptical astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian laboratory and suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon...

The goal of Lifeless Planet is to put the “adventure” back in "action-adventure.” I grew up loving games like Out of this World, The Dig, and ICO, and I want to create a gaming experience in the spirit of those classic adventure games.

THE STORY:

In the last few years, scientists have actually discovered over 1,000 new planets outside our solar system, and a few of those may be similar to earth.

In Lifeless Planet, you’ll get to explore one of those distant worlds. But you’ll quickly discover the planet is a barren wasteland. Mysteriously you’ll also find evidence that other explorers had already set foot on the planet...many years ago...and you’ll struggle to explain the existence of another human in this desolate place. Will you be able to put aside your skepticism and follow her to preserve your life?

I don’t want to spoil the story so I’ll leave it there, but I think you’ll discover I’ve worked long hours to write a plot that will present something new and exciting.

'Tis a cool looking Ico-style space game.  It's well above the target, but I figured it was worth posting here anyway just to give you guys a heads up.  $10 gets you a preorder, $25 gets you into the beta.

Thanks are due to Soulwynd for sorting me out with preorder in my time of skintness :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Lifeless Planet
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 01:45:50 pm »

DO WANT.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »

watching

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:07 am »

Did anyone pledge enough to get into the beta for this?  Apparently a test level was released a while back and I'd love to hear some opinions on it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:56:48 am »

Well, this looks interesting. Watch this.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:21 am »

Watching as well.