Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dumping stone.  (Read 315 times)

Elanorea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dumping stone.
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:22:09 am »

Back again with yet another stupid problem! My dwarves will not dump stone, and I'm utterly baffled as to why this is occurring. I designated a bunch of stone to be dumped, and while they did dump the first few stones without problems, they're simply ignoring the rest. All of the stones are accessible, the dump is accessible, all of them have refuse hauling enabled, several are idle with no job. The dumping jobs are simply not being added to the job list. I've tried removing the dump designation and redesignating but that didn't help.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Dumping stone.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:23:18 am »

By any chance are those other stones outdoors? If they are, you'll need to enable collection of outdoor refuse.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Elanorea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dumping stone.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 11:33:37 am »

Nope, they're all in the same indoor area. All the tiles are designated as Inside, Dark, Subterranean.

EDIT: Tried instead to set up a stone stockpile to accept only that type of stone and forbid all other stone of that type except the ones I wanted moved, then activated stone hauling. Nope. My dwarves simply refuse to touch those stones.

EDIT2: I finally solved the problem by causing a cave-in.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:03:15 pm by Elanorea »