Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An...!!interesting!! site  (Read 1857 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
An...!!interesting!! site
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:00 pm »

I embarked on the boundary of a terrifying (IIRC) swamp and mirthful mountains as ogres from the Savages' Stronghold mod, where I wanted to see just how !!fun!! such a place could be. Well, for starters, it has zombies AND some ominous blue fog which I assume is probably huskifying.

Is anyone interested in trying it out? I'd upload the save, but I've got issues with uploading saves on DFFD--I'm trying to, but DFFD seems to be rejecting it without any kind of hint before it's 10% uploaded.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: An...!!interesting!! site
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

Never assume that fog is huskifying, send a few dozen Dwarves inside just to make sure!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:17:10 pm »

Is the entire embark consumed by a massive fire? Then it isn't !!Interesting!!.  ;)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cobaldunderpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 03:52:10 am »

Is the entire embark consumed by a massive fire? Then it isn't !!Interesting!!.  ;)
I have actually had that happen.

One site I embarked on was bugged from world gen. The lava(magma) sea was the surface. All my dwarfs had to stand on were the peices of "land" which would normaly make up the cavern walls of the lava(magma) sea.

So much fire and lava. As entertaining as it was even if I had enough room to dig down and build a fort I had absolutely no water or trees to do much of anything with let alone let a caravan through.
"I'm sorry, so you want me to make your underpants out of cobalt or kobolds?"

"Eh, whatever"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:33 am »

And you quit that embark?

GEEZ it sounds like a deathworld! Perfect conditions for raising a family or thousand...

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:48:58 pm »

Playing around with copying feature files from one world to the next could create those scenarios, though it isn't possible anymore from aborting embarks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »

Never assume that fog is huskifying, send a few dozen Dwarves inside just to make sure!

I don't have a few dozen dwarves, I don't even have more than the starting 7.
Actually, they're not even dwarves (they're ogres), but meh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.