Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to craft foreign weapons?  (Read 7182 times)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to craft foreign weapons?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 11:06:39 am »

How to reproduce: find a dwarf that has an exotic weapon in it's personal preferences.

I didn't/don't think that's possible in the unmodded game. I've never had a dwarf saying they liked scimitars or twohanded swords other than the one time I made those weapons available for dwarfdom.

Incidentally, if you did want to add all of the foreign weapons to be craftable by dwarves ready for a new world, even if that's not really a solution to your question, here's what you'd need to add to the dwarf civilization in the entity raw.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for clarifying my answer.
That would be a solution... if this save game wasn't a 15 year old multiple fortress for adventurer mode exploring world, i can't leave all the work i had to make those dungeon fortresses behind... But thanks anyways guys.

If you do want this for a later game and you want to make the items not only makeable but also usable for your stunties then you'll probably need to edit their sizes.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 11:14:06 am »

How to reproduce: find a dwarf that has an exotic weapon in it's personal preferences.

I didn't/don't think that's possible in the unmodded game. I've never had a dwarf saying they liked scimitars or twohanded swords other than the one time I made those weapons available for dwarfdom.

It's rare, but possible. The only modding I did in this game is make dwarf children grow up at age 4, and let GCS live up to 80 years.
It is very rare though. I've seen it only 2 or three times before. Perhaps a dwarf needs to have been born to a civ that can make those weapons (in this case, perhaps it's parents were  kidnapped by goblins as a child, that goblin civilization was conquered by humans, where the child is born, the humans then are conquered by dwarves). My current dwarven civ had a necromancer King for over a century. I guess that ups the chances for the dwarves winning a war, and taking over a human civilization.

EDIT: Nope, that theory does not hold. I checked legends. Archi has never been part of any non-dwarven civilization
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:32:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 11:44:47 am »

I dont know i'm in the same boat as you OP. Most foreign mood weapons I get are blowguns or bows. Coincidentally though most of my moods for clothing tend to be foreign. Only once have I had any other foreign weapon and that was a steel scimitar i think back in 31.25
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.
Pages: 1 [2]