Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does missing cause bad thoughts?  (Read 827 times)

DuckBoy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does missing cause bad thoughts?
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:03:27 am »

Im considering caging all my children and chucking the cages into magma.  But I dont want to cause a tantrum spiral...  Is this feasible?  I figure I just have to drop them one at a time, block line of sight, and dispose of the corpses... 

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does missing cause bad thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:04:48 am »

It does not.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:29 am »

I think I've seen "has lost a child to tragedy lately" on a mothers who lost children in cases where the body was not recoverable.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:20:37 am »

It might work up to the point where their ghosts show up and starts spooking people out. At that point word will get out, and unhappy thoughts will be had. Or so I hear; I have not actually done Social Science on this matter and don't plan to any time soon. It might be a failsafe way of disposing of pets, though, since they don't come back as ghosts and are easy to cage.....
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:21:42 am »

It might work up to the point where their ghosts show up and starts spooking people out. At that point word will get out, and unhappy thoughts will be had. Or so I hear; I have not actually done Social Science on this matter and don't plan to any time soon. It might be a failsafe way of disposing of pets, though, since they don't come back as ghosts and are easy to cage.....

After a week you can slab, but even that does not give a bad thought.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:27:53 am »

After a week you can slab, but even that does not give a bad thought.

Science'd:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106803.0