Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: barrels, barrels everywhere (+1 other question)  (Read 4384 times)

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: barrels, barrels everywhere (+1 other question)
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 11:20:23 am »

Hm, where did I read that they were spear/maces...
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: barrels, barrels everywhere (+1 other question)
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 01:19:20 pm »

I got away with a minimal number of barrels.

Have 3 main food stockpiles.
1. Raw plant/ingredients
2. Booze only
3.Forbid all except prepared food. Set Barrel number to zero here.

If you stay on top of the raw ingredient stockpile and cook everything into large stacks. They don't even fit in barrels anyway. Turn off cooking for crap in single stacks, such as tallow. If you end up with too much clogging up your ingredients stockpile, don't be afraid to dump that crap into the magma pit if you can't use it for anything else. I go through the stockpile screens for food and dump everything stacked 4 or less. Grow farms with fertilizer with legendary growers. Grow quarry bushes, sweet pods, cavewheat, pigtails. End up with 1,000 prepared meals that will fit on a 10x10 stockpile.

You want the brewers to use large stacks of brewable plants. cavewheat[7] will make a barrel with 35 beer.
It is very efficient on:
a. space
b. barrel usage
c. hauling jobs

I create the entire years supply on alcohol and food in a month from the ingredients grown by two 4x4 farms on fertilizer. And this still leaves me with too many ingredients in the 1st stockpile.

Two 4x4 farms will feed and booze a Fort of 120 dwarfs

Haha, this is the exact opposite of what I do; on each floor I usually I have 8 completely enclosed 11x11 stockpiles arranged in a lattice around a central 11x11 hallway with 3 enclosed 3x3 workspaces in the gaps between them and two additional fully enclosed 3x3 workspaces bordering each face of the central hall. Moving in a counterclockwise direction, I maintain separate stockpiles for booze; plants; processed plants; prepared meals; meat, cheese, and processed fish; soap, fat, tallow, unprocessed fish, and milk; refuse and animals; and empty barrels. Workspaces generally each communicate with an appropriate input and output stockpile and have movement restrictions to keep haulers from moving between stockpiles through workshops. It is probably bad for pathing though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]