Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bush Fires  (Read 5005 times)

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
Re: Bush Fires
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »

No titans, nothing of the sort yet. The only explanation I could think of was a dead gorlak at close to the position of the fire's origin. Started in my refuse pile, so no booze there.

There was absolutely no magma at the time, had just breached the first or second cavern where I found the gorlak and killed it with my crossbowmen. I've put more gorlaks in the same pile and nothing has happened. It's cool, but nothing runs away from fire so it's completely and utterly terrifying when it happens.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »

Shameless double post because I just got a save in which a bush fire happens just after I load it up. What site do I use to upload it?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »

Shameless double post because I just got a save in which a bush fire happens just after I load it up. What site do I use to upload it?
DFFD
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »

Rippling outwards, you say? Makes me wonder if somehow a barrel of booze heated up to the point where the barrel caught fire. Booze barrels explode outwards in a ring.
Alcohol does not burn in Dwarf Fortress - it boils into a harmless cloud of vapor (and gases are not flammable).
Barrels do burn, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]