Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: CAN spawn creatures with interactions!  (Read 10449 times)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CAN spawn creatures with interactions!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 02:24:11 pm »

But he could drop a limb, raise it as a zombie, transform the zombie into a creature with an ITEMCORPSE tag and that automatically dies (due to having no lungs or melting at room temperature).

Narhiril found out that a transformed creature that dies reverts back to normal. As in: Dog to Cat, Cat dies, become Dog Corpse. Now the dog corpse can be targeted with a new transformation, to transform it into a sheep. It comes to life, immediatly goes sheep, and ignores the cat transformation (which is still active, in theory, but cant transform the dog, since it is already transformed into a sheep.) If you dont mind killing/resurrecting a creature (no problem with hostiles/animals, but bad for dwarves) than you can do unlimited transformations on one creature.

Oh.  Which kinda suggests that the itemcorpse idea won't work, but ... my experiences with Gohma and her larva lead me to believe that creatures keep their new bodies after death... hold on (goes to test).
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 02:26:09 pm »

Oo...  More limb-dropping fun, an evil weather effect that causes dwarves to drop hostile zombie doppelgangers!
_______

More limb-dropping fun:  do creatures that have been transformed use the ITEMCORPSE tag of their new creature type?  If so you can use limb-dropping to make caste-specific reactions.

Fun is to be had :) I dont know about the rain, but a fog is definetly possible. I dont know about the itemcorpse. What do you mean by caste specific reactions ?  The limb is a bodypart, not a corpse. You cant make the dwarf drop a limb that uses the itemcorpse. Only if you kill the creature you get one.

Narhiril found out that a transformed creature that dies reverts back to normal. As in: Dog to Cat, Cat dies, become Dog Corpse. Now the cat corpse can be targeted with a new transformation, to transform it into a sheep. It comes to life, immediatly goes sheep, and ignores the cat transformation (which is still active, in theory, but cant transform the dog, since it is already transformed into a sheep.) If you dont mind killing/resurrecting a creature (no problem with hostiles/animals, but bad for dwarves) than you can do unlimited transformations on one creature.

Transformed creatures use the ITEMCORPSE of their transformation.  Happened to me with my spirit binders and banshees, which started dropping what are supposed to be rare "ectoplasmic remnants" all over the place.  I solved that problem with a new caste.

But he could drop a limb, raise it as a zombie, transform the zombie into a creature with an ITEMCORPSE tag and that automatically dies (due to having no lungs or melting at room temperature).

Narhiril found out that a transformed creature that dies reverts back to normal. As in: Dog to Cat, Cat dies, become Dog Corpse. Now the dog corpse can be targeted with a new transformation, to transform it into a sheep. It comes to life, immediatly goes sheep, and ignores the cat transformation (which is still active, in theory, but cant transform the dog, since it is already transformed into a sheep.) If you dont mind killing/resurrecting a creature (no problem with hostiles/animals, but bad for dwarves) than you can do unlimited transformations on one creature.

Oh.  Which kinda suggests that the itemcorpse idea won't work, but ... my experiences with Gohma and her larva lead me to believe that creatures keep their new bodies after death... hold on (goes to test).

I feel a need to clarify that one finding, actually - the corpse doesn't actually revert, but the game does not consider a corpse to ever have an active transformation (likely because it's an item and not a creature), so you can slip a new one in with a resurrection effect before the (preserved) existing syndrome registers.

As in: Dog to Cat, Cat dies, become Cat Corpse, but since cat corpse is an item, you can resurrect it and transform it immediately with an interaction that kicks in before the creature checks for existing transformation syndromes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:29:20 pm by narhiril »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 02:43:53 pm »

Hahahahaha it works!

Transformed creatures use the ITEMCORPSE of their transformation.  Happened to me with my spirit binders and banshees, which started dropping what are supposed to be rare "ectoplasmic remnants" all over the place.  I solved that problem with a new caste.

.... Ninja  :P.

So, yeah, I tested it in the arena with a limb dropping creature.

Which means you can make a reaction that produces a vaporizing stone or other syndrome delivery mechanism, with the twist that the syndrome only affects creatures of a particular caste.  If a creature of the correct caste does the reaction, he is affected by the syndrome, which causes him to transform, drop a limb, and then turn the limb into a creature which automatically dies and drops the final item via ITEMCORPSE.  The limb-creature can be named "spirit messenger" or "minor imp" or "magical orb" to keep the whole thing from looking too weird.
Mods I've done:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:09 pm »

This is the most complicated way I have ever seen to make an item from a reaction ;) All in the name of caste-specific reactions, I take it ?

But hey, you have awesome Ideas, hope they will see play :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:58 pm »

This is the most complicated way I have ever seen to make an item from a reaction ;) All in the name of caste-specific reactions, I take it ?

We need more interaction modders around here.  They're like a huge box of legos that almost no one has really dug through yet.  :D

Oh, and I got my combo spells working...  I spawned a zephyr, a tempest, and a wavebreaker, and fifty hostile echidnas...  After buffing his allies, the tempest deafened them all with "thunderclap," the zephyr knocked them all down with "gale force," and the wavebreaker killed about 30 of them with "perfect storm."  It was a beautiful thing.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:THUNDERCLAP_LFR]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:ringing ears]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:OLD_GOD_LFR]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:OLD_GOD_SERVANT_LFR]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:ALL:START:1:PEAK:40:END:1000]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:99:START:1:END:1000]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:0:END:60]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NOFEAR:START:0:END:1000]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:START:0:END:1000]

[INTERACTION:PRIME_TEMPEST_CROSSOVER_LFR]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:wavebreaker/zephyr]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:HYDROMANCER_MALE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:HYDROMANCER_FEMALE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ZEPHYR_MALE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ZEPHYR_FEMALE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ABILITY_BLOCK_CLASS1]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:ABILITY_LFR_CLASS1]
[SYN_NAME:a calm aura]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:HYDROMANCER_MALE]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:HYDROMANCER_FEMALE]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:100:START:0:END:2500] handles cooldown
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:END:500]
[CDI:INTERACTION:PERFECT_STORM_START_LFR]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Call up a perfect storm]
    [CDI:VERB:whip up a perfect storm:whips up a perfect storm:NA]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:2500]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:a calm aura]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ZEPHYR_MALE]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ZEPHYR_FEMALE]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:100:START:0:END:2500] handles cooldown
[CDI:INTERACTION:GALE_FORCE_LFR]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:CARBUNCLE_LFR:MINDBLAST:SOLID_GLOB]
    [CDI:VERB:whip up a gale force wind:whips up a gale force wind:NA]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Gale force]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:WING]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:90]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:20]
[CDI:TARGET:D:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:D:90]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:D:20]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:500] can fire 1 before cooldown

[INTERACTION:PERFECT_STORM_LFR]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL] material
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] material emitter
[I_TARGET:C:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] target area
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target area]
[I_TARGET:D:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE] target creature
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOFEAR]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOSTUN]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOEMOTION]
[IT_REQUIRES:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:OLD_GOD_LFR]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:unfortunate soul]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION] hail effect
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_TARGET:C]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME] blind effect
[IE_TARGET:D]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:mystic snow blindness]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:1:PEAK:40:END:1000]

[INTERACTION:PERFECT_STORM_START_LFR]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:wavebreaker]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:HYDROMANCER_MALE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:HYDROMANCER_FEMALE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ABILITY_BLOCK_CLASS1]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:perfect storm casting in progress]
[CDI:INTERACTION:PERFECT_STORM_LFR]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:TEMANAT_ICE:SOLID_GLOB]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Hail barrage (perfect storm)]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:90]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:TARGET:D:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:D:90]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:D:15]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:122] can fire 4 before cooldown

[INTERACTION:GALE_FORCE_LFR]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL] material
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] material emitter
[I_TARGET:C:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] target area
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:air blast target]
[I_TARGET:D:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE] target creature
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOFEAR]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOSTUN]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOEMOTION]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:OLD_GOD_LFR]
[IT_REQUIRES:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:knockdown target]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION] air blast effect
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_TARGET:C]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME] knockdown effect
[IE_TARGET:D]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:inability to move (knocked down)]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:0:START:0:END:200]

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 03:30:46 pm »

Hey, compared to what I've been kicking around in my head for population dependent reactions, it's simple, I assure you (basically, you burrow your entire population into a room with an altar, give them all an interaction via another interaction granted by an exploding stone created by a reaction, and alternately raise and kill a creature, cycling it through 40 or 80 or more castes before ending on the one that drops the item.  Pure insanity).

Both my mods are on a "when I have time" schedule, and I'm not sure how long it'll be before they get finished, so please help yourself to anything that looks fun (or !!fun!!).  I know I'll be raiding MASTERWORK DF for stuff (those immigrant secrets you have look perfect for making Sages/Heroes in the Zelda mod).
Mods I've done:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 03:34:50 pm »

My secrets get born naturally though... might be better to do that with curses. I decided against that since I cant control the occurence as well, especially with the wizards and fear-the-night. There are dozens of custom curses already in the mod, so I decided to use castes.

PS: Interactions are more like semi-sentient non-euclidian Legos though... hope that more crazyness will be done with them. The possibilities are there, but the complexitiy is staggering.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 03:43:34 pm »

@ Narhiril

That spell is pretty awesome.  Does the AI still refuse to use interactions that have usage_hit:attack and a self-targeting component?  I remember the guy who was doing a Pokemon mod complaining about that.

My secrets get born naturally though... might be better to do that with curses. I decided against that since I cant control the occurence as well, especially with the wizards and fear-the-night. There are dozens of custom curses already in the mod, so I decided to use castes.

Oh.  Yeah, I was hoping to use god-granted interactions rather than castes for that.

Incidentally, how can you tell if a god is giving out secrets?  Books show up under artifacts in Legends mode, but Slabs don't seem to.  At least, I've had necromancy books noted in that list, without a necromancy slab being there.
Mods I've done:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 03:46:48 pm »

Legends Viewer, look for curses and secrets... no other way that I know of.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 03:46:56 pm »

@ Narhiril

That spell is pretty awesome.  Does the AI still refuse to use interactions that have usage_hit:attack and a self-targeting component?  I remember the guy who was doing a Pokemon mod complaining about that.

Yeah, it does.  Which I guess means that there's no guarantee that the spells won't start off an engagement on cooldown, but since they're both extremely powerful and their cooldowns aren't that long, I don't foresee that being too much of an issue.

I can actually think of a workaround for this, but it's extremely complicated and would probably cause a fair amount of performance overhead...  It involves having every dwarf spam a short-duration dummy interaction that blocks the spell ability, then giving all of the enemy races an interaction to block it.  Problem is, it's messy, complicated, and involves the game constantly checking and renewing interaction timers for every dwarf.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:50:38 pm by narhiril »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 03:50:05 pm »

You can also use the vapor material breath as a trigger.  They mostly just hit themselves with that stuff anyway, so we can use that and make the caster of the vapor breath the intended target (would also affect other dwarves of the same caste that happen to be nearby, but I call that a bonus)! 
Mods I've done:

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »

You can also use the vapor material breath as a trigger.  They mostly just hit themselves with that stuff anyway, so we can use that and make the caster of the vapor breath the intended target (would also affect other dwarves of the same caste that happen to be nearby, but I call that a bonus)!

Yeah, this works well.  I did this with voidwalker mistshrouds in LFR.
Pages: 1 2 [3]