Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with custom descriptor patterns  (Read 671 times)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with custom descriptor patterns
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:26 pm »

I'm currently developing a mod that includes a pitiful creature known as the wretch (not the GOW creature). It's a pitiful twisted humanoid covered in scars. It's face is a mask of fear, pain, and loathing.

I've got just about everything right but I realized that I need some scars on their worthless hides. Unfortunately I haven't found anything that will help me in the vanilla raws, the wiki also didn't seem to have anything. I could use the stripes but I'd like for it to be referred to as scars. Having a striped humanoid for this creature seems... silly. Essentially I would like a description like:

"... he is emaciated, his slate gray eyes are sunken, his skin in pale taupe, his scars are burnt umber..."

Unfortunately I don't know if I can create my own descriptor pattern that is not SPOTS or STRIPES related. It would be applied to the skin obviously.

Here's the creature raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any possible solutions or is the creature description good enough?
** Also I'd like them to be raisable but not able to become werecreatures or vampires. Its seems appropriate these creatures would be beyond the care of even their own gods. I just don't know if I can achieve that without using the CANNOT_UNDEAD tag.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with custom descriptor patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »

I think you could solve the first problem by making a size 1 (possibly 0?) body part named scars. I haven't done much modding in a while, so I'm not sure on tags, but try [SMALL] and [INTERNAL].