Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any tips for attacking a necromancer tower?  (Read 10652 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips for attacking a necromancer tower?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:46:56 pm »

Yeah, necromancer vampires still need to drink blood. But either way, becoming a werebeast is much better than vamping, because you don't have to deal with the attribute lock, and you can heal from anything you survive.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »

Eh, I might become one just for the heck of it, but the "drop everything you own upon transformation" thing sounds meh.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Scottzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Water is truly the most dwarven of fluids
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:48 am »

Become a necro-husk. If you lose limbs you can get were-beasted, as well, and then start the lag-apocalypse.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 07:04:52 am »

A husk's only good if you want to kill everything, though. Which, TBH, is quite boring.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 05:51:15 am »

Vampire Necromancer King of humans and conquered elves and goblins.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 04:11:28 pm »

Eh, I might become one just for the heck of it, but the "drop everything you own upon transformation" thing sounds meh.

You don't drop anything, you unequip everything, and start hauling it. Of course, the first blow in combat will make you drop it, but if you've got a home lair, you can just plan ahead and drop everything off there a day or so ahead of time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 01:47:01 pm »

Yeah, necromancer vampires still need to drink blood. But either way, becoming a werebeast is much better than vamping, because you don't have to deal with the attribute lock, and you can heal from anything you survive.

I thought necromancers had their attributes locked anyways?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 03:59:12 pm »

He he, tried the norm. sneak method, nearly got butchered alive.

Walked in without sneaking, walked straight back out. - All of the zombies then walked outside to the place they last saw me, the necromancers stayed inside for some reason. It then became a matter of smashing zombies with a silver maul... Fun times.

cancel.man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 05:26:52 pm »

Nope. I became a necro then maxed a few stats after.

It's important to note with the sneak method that all undead will stop attacking you forever as soon as you read a book to become a necromancer. On my first attempt I tried to sneak in and back out but ended up caught. On my second attempt I just picked up the book and read it... then I had free run of the tower. I even killed the necromancers inhabiting the tower while their undead army just looked on without a care.

In order to get into the tower (open up a path for me to sneak in), I recruited a large squad of human fighters. They were no match for the undead army, of course, so as they fled in panic all the zombies moved out of the first floor of the tower. I lucked out in that there was a pile of books right next to the stairs on the second level so I didn't have to clear any out of the way there.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:29:41 pm by cancel.man »
DF version 0.34.05 Lazy Newb Pack

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:44 pm »

Nope. I became a necro then maxed a few stats after.

It's important to note with the sneak method that all undead will stop attacking you forever as soon as you read a book to become a necromancer. On my first attempt I tried to sneak in and back out but ended up caught. On my second attempt I just picked up the book and read it... then I had free run of the tower. I even killed the necromancers inhabiting the tower while their undead army just looked on without a care.

In order to get into the tower (open up a path for me to sneak in), I recruited a large squad of human fighters. They were no match for the undead army, of course, so as they fled in panic all the zombies moved out of the first floor of the tower. I lucked out in that there was a pile of books right next to the stairs on the second level so I didn't have to clear any out of the way there.

You are one big jerk, dooming those guys to death.

YOU SHOULD HAD USED ELVEN CHILDREN!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 04:13:04 am »

Keep moving Diagonally Away.

Thats all You will ever need to know.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 10:20:45 am »

Keep moving Diagonally Away.

Thats all You will ever need to know.

^^^
Pull a layer of the tower at a time. If you get a necro kill him right away. Then kite the zombies until they are all dead. Haul the corpses to a dump zone away from the tower then repeat.
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:25 am »

Once you're a necro, nothing bothers you... So dash in, read the right book and you'll be safe XD
Pages: 1 [2]