Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF Army Mod  (Read 3699 times)

MetalHead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Army Mod
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 12:30:04 am »

This thread reminds me of my first real fortress:

Hopeful beginnings followed shortly by utter confusion and then a swarm of trolls and beings that have been here longer than most civilized races have existed.  Followed afterward by a caravan that shows that someone out there cares, and then more trolls.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 12:32:55 am »

and then more trolls.

And then elves :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 12:40:02 am »

This isn't nerdrage.  This is a room full of dwarves.  It's only natural someone gets punched in the eye, it's dwarves!  Give it a half hour and we're all drunk and staring at this amazing waterfall.

You want to see rage.  Then talk about how aquifers are required for a successful fort destroy a masterpiece.  THEN you'll get some tantrums going!

luisedgm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 12:42:50 am »

This isn't nerdrage.  This is a room full of dwarves.  It's only natural someone gets punched in the eye, it's dwarves!  Give it a half hour and we're all drunk and staring at this amazing waterfall.

You want to see rage.  Then talk about how aquifers are required for a successful fort destroy a masterpiece.  THEN you'll get some tantrums going!

My dwarves are so fucking happy that i can melt masterpiece axes and my blacksmith will be "Aww lad who cares? Booze Boobs and Bed are all i need"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 12:53:14 am »

Also likely because your blacksmith has dozens.  A destroyed masterpiece costs a whopping 1,000 happiness points, but that's divided amongst all.  If he's got 2 and you destroy 1, then it's only 500 lost.  If he's got 20 and you destroy 1, then it's 50 lost.

My weaver went insane when his one little piece of cloth got stolen :<

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 02:31:48 am »

So you said something silly and people laughed at you. Well, you're lucky this is the bay12 forums. Most of us have probably already forgotten because we're building megaprojects and Sciencing. Build a megaproject for us to ooh and aah over, and it'll all be goblins under the atomsmasher.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 02:44:48 am »

Also likely because your blacksmith has dozens.  A destroyed masterpiece costs a whopping 1,000 happiness points, but that's divided amongst all.  If he's got 2 and you destroy 1, then it's only 500 lost.  If he's got 20 and you destroy 1, then it's 50 lost.

Don't forget the cooks who get pissed that dwarves love their masterpiece creations.

"WHAT? THAT NO GOOD URIST MCHUNGRY ATE MY PLUMP HELMET STEW AND LOVED IT? GAH! SO ANGREH!"
*Proceeds to smash in several skulls in tantrum*
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 05:36:35 am »

Don't forget the cooks who get pissed that dwarves love their masterpiece creations.

"WHAT? THAT NO GOOD URIST MCHUNGRY ATE MY PLUMP HELMET STEW AND LOVED IT? GAH! SO ANGREH!"
*Proceeds to smash in several skulls in tantrum*

+ Display cases

=

Museum of a million roasts

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 07:00:18 am »

Does a masterwork roast being eaten really piss off the cook?
Cuz I've never noticed it before. Then again by the time my cook is legendary she can always feed the entire fort with what shes already made for decades.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 09:34:42 am »

No, it doesn't.  I think it did for exactly one version but was hotfixed.  Similarly, firing masterwork bolts doesn't cause bad thoughts.  Having a roast or a bolt stolen by a macaque does cause bad thoughts, but usually by that time the cook/weaponsmith has so many masterpieces that it hardly matters.

Masterpieces which are meant to be consumed actually work as intended.
Pages: 1 2 [3]