Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tired of goblin lashers  (Read 5150 times)

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tired of goblin lashers
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:42 am »

whips are op. always one hit headshot through steel helm. when i played adventure, human lasher in my party lasthitted ALL 10 megabeasts we killed in a party of 7.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 10:58:52 am »

I mod the whip's weight quite a lot, slowing down the lasher. Whips can be devastating, but they are extremely awkward to use in extended melee combat.

If I remember, it does blunt damage, isn't that affected by the weight of the item? or just the material? If the item weight helps too, you basically made a short range arbelast that can be aimed, while now it's only a short ranged crossbow with beter aim.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:56 am »

This has to be the end!

I have 2 lashers left, one is my mayor who is drowning with 6 other goblins in a enraged last stand. The other one is some untrained runt making his final stand in the spike below the bridge.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 11:15:11 am »

The key to beating lashers in vanilla is not getting hit with them. (Sorry for being obvious). Dodge, shield, fighter, weapon skill.
Failing that: x bows, meat shields (pet cats, dogs, babies,raccoons, w/e), fortifications, or traps.

Armor has weight and as such slows your dwarfs down which means they make fewer attacks which means gobs have more time to make more attacks. Since 1 not-so-good lash to the ankle through steel boots makes even hardy war worn dwarfs give into pain, you might want to take off your armor. (maybe keep a few caps and a helmet).
Pages: 1 [2]